To join the SLCC
mailing list, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScottieLoverClanCommandos
You will recieve
a note telling you that the message has been forwarded to the Listowner.
As soon as you are signed up, you will recieve a welcome letter. happy mailing!
WELCOME TO SLCC
Thankyou for subscribing to The Scottie Lovers Clan Commando email list.
fanciers of the Scottish Terrier. This list is a warm hearth and
home for breeders, pet owners or anyone with an abiding interest in these
Diehard Scots. We want this list to be fun and there are only a few rules
to remember beginning and ending with The SLCC Creed
Love much, laugh often,
Work hard, give freely
and be kind"
The Ancient Oak
this in mind when submitting or responding to posts-- flaming
in ANY form is strictly prohibited and will result in removal/suspension from the list.
Topics of a
sensitive nature, politics, religion or jokes that might be offensive to
others on the List are discouraged.
and posts are copyrighted by the original poster and may
not be reproduced in any form without the express permission of the poster.
on the subject of posting to a mailing list,
Here are 10 GENTLE REMINDERS we should all remember
1) Is the item relevant to the list? We do tend to get off the topic of
Scotties here a lot, but there is usually some roundabout connection.
2) Is the item personal? Should I post it privately?
3) Never post your address and phone number to the list. Their is no
security on an email list. Send your address/phone number/vacation
itineraries only to those you know well. Someone might also inadvertently
cross-post this info to another list.
4) Cross-posting means sending the same message to several lists. You
might also cut and paste something from this list to another list. If you
*must* cross post, please be sure that you have the permission of anyone
involved in the original post as you may be violating someone's copyright
by cross-posting. If you cross post without permission, you may post
someone's words out of context and they will not have a chance to defend
themselves to the hundreds of others who are reading another list. It's
just bad manners to name someone in a post without their permission.
Permission includes their participation in the thread, but only on the
5) If you *must* cross-post, please send each message individually.
DO NOT include SLCC in ANY big headers. People replying "To ALL" bounce and/or send a double message.
Feel free to post your own items to any lists you want. Just remember to use the BCC field so that posts don't bounce back to us.
6) You can change formatting preferences in Yahoo. Choose Traditional for plain text.
7) If you are forwarding jokes, please be aware of the following: Some
adults do not care for off colour humour... please send risque jokes
privately to those you know enjoy them. If the joke has already been
forwarded 7 times, please edit out all of the 's and extra hrt's and
8) When responding to a message, please either cut and paste the relevant
portion of the message you are quoting into your new message, or delete
all of the parts of the message you are replying to that are not relevant.
Also remember to delete the other person's signature lines.
9) Always check the "TO: field" before sending private messages or private attachments to others... small attachments are allowed on the list. Attachments only appear in individual emails. They do not appear in the digest or on the web site. If you want to see an attachment that you did not get, ask the original poster to send it to you privately.
10) Change the subject if you change the topic! Sometimes we can only read the first message in a thread.... we might miss something very important if you don't change the topic.
Please read the following for more pointers http://www.expita.com/nomime.html
We ask that new members post a brief introduction. This may include
occupation, location, club affiliations, hobbies and other items of
interest to the list-- and of course your scotties/westies-- names, ages,
color, litters, health, kennel--so we can get to know you and your
furbabies. The list may do this from time to time to update all the
Linda St James and Ann Parks are the List Co-Owners & Managers.
ALWAYS send requests for help to BOTH of us due to our varied
schedules-- we both have long and irregular work hours and/or one of us could be out
of town and your request may not be noticed for several days. We try to
handle all requests promptly (within 24 hours), so let us BOTH know please.
in Canada and is owned by Scotties Bodle, Bailey Quarters,
Missy, Foster, Ally, Kate, Murphy Brown, Ginger, the GSD Tetley and Gooberhound Tara.
Linda is the List Guru. firstname.lastname@example.org
Ann lives in
Texas and belongs to her Scotties Max and Maddie.
Max & The SLCC (Scottie Lovers Clan Commandos)oversee "The Betterment of
Scottish Terriers Everywhere" (and All Creatures Great and small) email@example.com
Subscribe to ScottieLoverClanCommandos